10.07.2009

2 Vidoes & A Link: Foreign Exchange, Consequence/Kanye/John Legend, & Drake

I Wanna Know - The Foreign Exchange
:)







Whatever You Want - Consequence, Kanye West, & John Legend
[This has been my song for a minute! but the video doesn't really live up to what I was expecting/wanting. I feel like that girl is about to break her neck. But I suppose it's whatever...]




What the Grammys & Drake have to do with each other after the break!



From kysdc.com (website for 93.9 WKYS)
Drake Is Trying Hard to Get Some Grammys

October 3, 2009
"

VIA ALL THINGS FRESH:

Before I get I let all the details out, I’m going to explain what a Grammy pre-nomination is. A Grammy pre-nomination is a list of recordings that are submitted by record companies and individuals. Those songs are displayed in a list where they are voted to actually be an official nominee for whichever category. It’s kind of like the elections with a ballot voting system. The nomination and final voting processes requires that members vote only in their fields of expertise. The 5 recordings that earn the most votes become the nominees. So Drake has been listed 7 times in that list under 5 different categories. That means he hasn’t been nominated yet but there’s chances that he may be! The general public can’t vote but like we stated above, it is members of the Recording Academy(over 150 experts from the recording industry) who will be able to vote. Let’s hope the best for Drake! 7 Grammy Pre-Nominations without an album? That’s insane! Check out the categories & recordings nominated below.

1. Best Rap Solo Performance
a) Drake – Best I Ever Had

2. Best Rap/Sung Collab
a) Mary J. Blige ft. Drake – The One
b) Young Money – Every Girl
c) Drake & Trey Songz – Successful

3. Best Rap Song
a) Drake – Best I Ever Had

4. Record of the Year
a) Drake – Best I Ever Had

5. Song of the Year
a) Drake – Best I Ever Had"


I was sitting in class today (clearly not paying attention like I should've been) when I saw this. I feel like he's gonna win a Grammy... but I'm gonna be mad when he does. And before you say/think it I'm gonna go ahead & say: it's not HATING. People STAY overusing the word "hate" in all forms (to hate, hating, hater, hate, etc). It's not hating. In the words of Common: "If I don't like it, I don't like it. That don't mean that I'm hating!" Anyway, I would not be surprised if he won a Grammy, just in terms of popularity, but I don't really think he warrants one. If anything, I hope it's for "Successful" and not "Best I Ever Had" ... !!

But then again, maybe he won't even get to the point where he's officially nominated. So I'm not gonna get too heated until then. We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOLOL i never actually watched the vid for whatever you want and now i am embarrassed for them...


    that's the biggest joke of a video ive seen in a while, holy shit. how they gonna front about buying u whatever you want when they cant afford a medium-budget music video? hilarious...and strange...and confusing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails