5.11.2010

New Video: Find Your Love - Drake


(6:56pm: Youtube video taken down... but I found it on MTV, woop woop!)



Commentary:

I really dislike Drake. There's no doubt about it
When people were pushing for him to come for Brown University's Spring Weekend 2010, I was not at all supportive. I almost even wrote a response to some poorly written opinion piece in the school newspaper back in October or November.

All of that being said... I tried to step away from my previous feelings and think about the song and video objectively. The song itself isn't amazing, but I won't hate on it. Coming from Drake though, it's a problem. Drake needs to stop singing. Straight up. Yes, I enjoy songs like "Brand New" and "A Night Off" from his So Far Gone mixtape, but I still think he needs to stop singing.

Matter fact... he needs also needs to let go of this whole Young Money thing. It's not a good look. Why be associated with Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and the rest of them? Womp womp for you, Mr. Graham.

The video, though a bit extra at times [examples: any shots of him in the studio, him talking in the introduction, the ending where "FIND YOUR LOVE" is flashed with three weak gunshot sounds, etc], was acceptable - I approve! It's especially better than the failure of last summer's "Best I Ever Had," but I guess that's not really saying much...




-- "Find Your Love" is Drake's second single from his upcoming debut full length studio album Thank Me Later, due to be released June 15.

Drake fans and haters alike, be sure to check it out and share your response!

2 comments:

  1. im not watching this now, but considering how fucking awesome the vid for "Over" was... i assume this one must be pretty good for u to give it a review like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you know I didn't really like the video for Over... and you loved it... sooooo, it seems we're probably not gonna be on the same page.

    Granted, the video is not at all GREAT, but compared to everything else I've seen from him I can't complain... Cuz it actually somewhat goes with the song. Who knew that's all it took...?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails