7.02.2009

New Video: BEST I EVER HAD by DRAKE




Of course, I used to watch Degrassi, so I knew who Aubrey Graham was. When my friend played a song for me at the end of January, I couldn't believe it was the same person as lil Jimmy from the show. I admit, I liked the song.

Am I really crazy for not being as hype about Drake as everyone else is?! ... I actually don't think I am. He's definitely really talented. I won't deny that I bump Drake songs all the time - in my car, on my iPod, & in my room. "Closer" & "Houstatlantavegas" are two of my favorites. He's definitely better than a lot of other people who get played on the radio...

BUT, that being say, I think he is slightly overrated. People are doing too much. Yes, it's pretty fly that he's got so much buzz around him & he hasn't even released an album. He's on the radio cuz of his mixtapes. Wonderful. But if I hear one more girl say anything like "OoOoohhh it's my boo Drake!!" or "He's so fine, he's so sexy." or "Oh yeah, Drake is my baby daddy!!!"... I might explode.

Y'all don't even know how unexcited I was to see him at the BET Awards. For real though. I mean, if I had done my BET Awards response like I've been meaning to, you would've known how disappointed it was that Young Money was the second to last performance. Womp womp...

Here's the video to Best I Ever Had (another song I love btw... but still. lol whatever)





*****UPDATED: 3:00 AM******
So I've finally officially watched the video. And all I can do is give it three W's: one for WHACK & two for WOMP WOMP. This was the most pointless video I've ever seen. No actually probably not the most pointless, but other pointless videos are at least entertaining or visually interesting. This was so whack. All it had was greased up girls running around & stretching in short shorts and shirts with no bras. All that running probably hurt, I'm telling you. Big boobs + running - bra = BAD NEWS BEARS. And when they had they little moments where he was talking, it was still no good. I normally like his voice & figured, "Oh maybe this can help save the video"... but no. It didn't. The "take the d" part was funny but not redeeming.... And I'm mad Kanye directed this. It really looks like no one directed it. Another whack video associated with Kanye (this one & Paranoid). The basketball thing could've been cool, but it just didn't work out at all. Nor did the video at all go with the song.

Only thing I liked in this: Drake's sweater.
The end.

5 comments:

  1. another annoying thing is how they didn't show what the cheerleader pulled at the top of the basket toss...btw have you seen mariah's new video for obsessed. she claims that the song is not about eminem saying that he slept with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, i was so bored and disgusted that i didn't even finish watching the video...

    Araba<3 (it would let me post with my name instead of anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved that video

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sure hope that last comment was a joke ... lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails