8.09.2010

It's like my RADIO's stuck on replay...

I couldn't have said it better myself.














Now I admit, I'll listen to Top 40s songs every now and then (especially this summer). I even enjoy Justin Bieber. But c'mon now. To me, some things are just absurd... and it's good to know I'm not alone in that sentiment.



I've been against this dang "OMG" song since the album came out (check the review).  I never expected it to get so popular. If there's any redeeming part of the song, it's the little breakdown toward the end... which lasts less than 10 seconds. Great!

[22 million views though? REALLY?]





"California Gurls" (it's really spelled "gurls" by the way... isn't that just the worst? *sigh*...) isn't a bad song, I enjoy it! I used to listen to it a lot when it first came out. But for real, when I heard that thing about it having the same beat as "Tik Tok" I just couldn't do it. Plus, the song had been overplayed (oversang?) by all summer by 5th, 6th, 7th, AND 8th grade girls. And then when the video came out... oh lord. I was done.








You got any feelings on the subject? :)

1 comment:

  1. Jasmine, I agree. I've heard these two songs way too many times this summer.

    My guilty pleasure song this summer is "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz. I say guilty pleasure because it is basically another Tik Tok - a song about partying and having fun (even sounds similar), but this time the anthem is sung by a male. Yet it still makes me want to dance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails