1.13.2010

one in a million


(Image via Google and Flickr)



"One In A Million" by Aaliyah, from the album One In A Million, 1996.





A note: This isn't me being fanciful or dreaming about love.. or being sappy or anything (I mean, if I wanted to do/be all of those things, of course that would be fine. BUT! That's not what this is!) I couldn't sleep last night & this came to mind. It might not be fitting for you... or maybe you figured this all out ages ago and are wondering why I'm just now realizing. Well, to both of those I say: *this might not be for all but it's definitely the way for me, and *I don't think I'm just now realizing, but I do think I'm finally able to give it more thought.


People are always talking about seeking their soulmates and finding their perfect matches. Most people have at least some sort of a list of criteria for people to be with -- whether it be excruciatingly detailed or highly simplified. I wonder if God has someone perfect picked out for me (and for everyone, for that matter). By perfect, I mean someone who we'll meet and get to know and will gradually be able to check off every box on our lists. Is there one person with everything for us? How would we be able to find him or her, considering the billions of people on the Earth? Now, I know the world is a lot smaller & a lot more connected than it used to be, but it still seems like a near-impossible feat to find "the one."

Maybe what we consider "perfect for us" isn't really want God has planned. Maybe He has someone saved up who is exactly what we need. We just need to wise up, open our eyes, and realize what it is we need before we miss the right one... or before we choose the wrong one.

How do we figure out what it is we really need (not just in love, but in life)? Self reflection, practice, and prayer.

--------


"Choosey Lover" by the Isley Brothers, from the album Between The Sheets, 1983.



"Choosey Lover (Old School/New School) by Aaliyah, from the album One In A Million, 1996.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails